Stir Fried Asparagus can serve as a base for additional dishes. Try adding small pieces of sliced chicken breast, orange segments, sliced pork tenderloin, sliced beef, baby corn or thinly sliced carrot or small, peeled shrimp. Even combinations of some of these ingredients can turn this basic into a wonderful meal. You may also serve over steamed white rice or mix with pasta such as linguini, Chinese or Japanese noodles.
- 1 pound asparagus, trimmed with harder stems broken off
- 1/2 Cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon instant chicken bouillon
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 Tablespoon water, cold
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 Cups mushrooms, fresh, sliced (button, Cremini or Shiitake)
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- scallion tops, cut in 1/4-inch slices, for garnish (optional)
- Cut asparagus into 1" pieces and on a rolling diagonal*. steam lightly.
- Mix 1/2 cups water and the dry bouillon; reserve. Mix cornstarch and 1Tablespoon water; reserve.
- Heat oil in wok or 12 inch skillet over medium heat. Add asparagus, mushrooms, salt at pepper.
- Stir fry about 1 minute.
- Stir in bouillon mixture and heat to boiling.
- Stir in cornstarch mixture.
- Cook and stir until thickened, about 10 seconds.
- Garnish with scallion and serve as a side dish or vegetarian entree.
A delicious dessert, well suited to Summer months when berries are in season. Raspberry Napoleons ar...
Chilled Udon with Teriyaki Chicken and Baby Bok Choy is well suited to lunch or dinner. Serve it as ...
Many believe that only the French eat frog's legs. Not so. They're a popular ingredient in Cajun cui...
One of the great classics of the world's finest steakhouses, the NY Steak with Roquefort Butter is s...