Stir Fried Asparagus can serve as a base for additional dishes. Try adding small pieces of sliced chicken breast, orange segments, sliced pork tenderloin, sliced beef, baby corn or thinly sliced carrot or small, peeled shrimp. Even combinations of some of these ingredients can turn this basic into a wonderful meal. You may also serve over steamed white rice or mix with pasta such as linguini, Chinese or Japanese noodles.
- 1 pound asparagus, trimmed with harder stems broken off
- 1/2 Cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon instant chicken bouillon
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 Tablespoon water, cold
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 Cups mushrooms, fresh, sliced (button, Cremini or Shiitake)
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- scallion tops, cut in 1/4-inch slices, for garnish (optional)
- Cut asparagus into 1" pieces and on a rolling diagonal*. steam lightly.
- Mix 1/2 cups water and the dry bouillon; reserve. Mix cornstarch and 1Tablespoon water; reserve.
- Heat oil in wok or 12 inch skillet over medium heat. Add asparagus, mushrooms, salt at pepper.
- Stir fry about 1 minute.
- Stir in bouillon mixture and heat to boiling.
- Stir in cornstarch mixture.
- Cook and stir until thickened, about 10 seconds.
- Garnish with scallion and serve as a side dish or vegetarian entree.
If you enjoy coffee, you'll adore our Café au Lait Crème Brûlée recipe. The simple preparation is e...
Holiday Shirmp Newburg is a glorious recipe perfect for entertaining, its relaxing, comforting flavo...
Prosciutto and Arugula Pizza makes an exceptional meal. The delicious flavors blend into one deligh...
Cool, aromatic and seductive, this alluring Chilled Cucumber and Cilantro Soup makes a great start t...