The Esterhazy family have been respected members of Europe’s aristocracy for more than 1000 years. This dish was created for one of its illustrious descendants. Simply delicious, with rich, earthy goodness.
- 1/4 pound mushrooms; diced
- 1 carrot; small, diced
- 1 shallot or green onion; *
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 Cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 4 beef steak; **
- * Shallot or Green Onion should be minced
** Steaks should be one of the following: Sirloin, T-bone, Or Fillet.
- Saute mushrooms, carrot, and shallot or green onion in butter. Add paprika, salt, sour cream, and Worcestershire sauce. Simmer for 2 minutes, but DO NOT boil.
- Broil steaks and top with sauce.