Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Soups and Stews
- 1 pound coarsely ground beef, browned and drained
- 3 Cups water
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 celery stalks, chopped
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 14 1/2 ounces tomatoes, canned
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 10 ounce package frozen mixed veggies
- 3 Tablespoons beef base granules
- 1/2 Cup butter, melted
- 1/2 Cup flour
- Put all ingredients except butter and flour in Crock-Pot. Cover; cook on Low 8-12 hours (High: 4-6 hours). One hour before serving, turn to High.
- Make a paste of 1/2 cup melted butter and 1/2 cup flour. Stir until smooth.
- Pour into Crock-Pot; stir until thickened. 6 servings.