Buttery, rich and delicious, Spritz Butter Cookies are at their very best with simple decorations, and made with a cookie press. Delightful, with quaint Christmas shapes that appeal to young and old alike.
- 1 Cup butter
- 3/4 Cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 Cups flour
- 1/2 cup almonds, finely ground
- 1 dash salt
- sugar sprinkles for decorations
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Cream butter in large bowl. Add sugar and beat until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and extracts. Gradually add flour, almonds and salt. Using a pastry bag and a large star tip, pipe dough into rosettes or stars on un-buttered baking sheets. You may also use a spritz cookie press to form any of a variety of shapes, based on the die-cut shapes available for the press.
- Decorate with sprinkles and bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until pale golden.
- Remove from baking sheets and cool on wire rack.
- Makes about 3 1/2 dozen cookies.
This refreshing salad is ideal for Summer, pairing the glorious flavor of grilled meat with the lusc...
Perfect Carrot Salad lives up to its name and includes crunchy, sweet, and delectable ingredients fo...
The wonderful flavors combined in Honey-Cheddar-Chutney Scones make a perfect accompaniment for brun...
Making a gingerbread house is always a great family event that brings everyone together to create a ...