Buttery, rich and delicious, Spritz Butter Cookies are at their very best with simple decorations, and made with a cookie press. Delightful, with quaint Christmas shapes that appeal to young and old alike.
- 1 Cup butter
- 3/4 Cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 Cups flour
- 1/2 cup almonds, finely ground
- 1 dash salt
- sugar sprinkles for decorations
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Cream butter in large bowl. Add sugar and beat until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and extracts. Gradually add flour, almonds and salt. Using a pastry bag and a large star tip, pipe dough into rosettes or stars on un-buttered baking sheets. You may also use a spritz cookie press to form any of a variety of shapes, based on the die-cut shapes available for the press.
- Decorate with sprinkles and bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until pale golden.
- Remove from baking sheets and cool on wire rack.
- Makes about 3 1/2 dozen cookies.
Potato gnocchi pair perfectly with browned butter, giving the pasta a nutty taste. Prosciutto and a...
Twice Baked Sweet Potatoes are a seasonal favorite of ours. They're simple and easy to make, and pa...
This traditional Chocolate Eclair recipe uses vanilla pastry cream as a filling and rich, almost gan...
A seriously delicious combination of hearty beef and earthy mushrooms creating the outstanding Autum...