Buttery, rich and delicious, Spritz Butter Cookies are at their very best with simple decorations, and made with a cookie press. Delightful, with quaint Christmas shapes that appeal to young and old alike.
- 1 Cup butter
- 3/4 Cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 Cups flour
- 1/2 cup almonds, finely ground
- 1 dash salt
- sugar sprinkles for decorations
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Cream butter in large bowl. Add sugar and beat until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and extracts. Gradually add flour, almonds and salt. Using a pastry bag and a large star tip, pipe dough into rosettes or stars on un-buttered baking sheets. You may also use a spritz cookie press to form any of a variety of shapes, based on the die-cut shapes available for the press.
- Decorate with sprinkles and bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until pale golden.
- Remove from baking sheets and cool on wire rack.
- Makes about 3 1/2 dozen cookies.
Pasta Carbonara is a simple, wonderful and flavor-rich dish that has outstanding ingredients and bec...
The pairing of homemade Lemon Verbena Ice Cream with Poached Cherry Soup yields amazing, refreshing ...
The pairing of fruits and sherbert in Cantaloupe Melba is the stuff of legend. Incredible flavors cr...
If you learn the simple process of making Ice Cream Custard Base, any flavor ice cream is possible, ...