Whether you’re honoring a birthday, anniversary, holiday or just Springtime itself, lemon-flavored Spring Celebration Cake is perfect. Simply perfect.
Spring Celebration Cake
This recipe first appeared in Ireland, though it seems to be more typically American. If you desire, you may add some food coloring to the vanilla frosting to make a cake suitable for baby showers, St. Patrick's Day, or other seasonal holidays and celebrations.
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Baked Goods
Serves: 1 cake
- 2 boxes organic vanilla cake mix
- 2 jars organic vanilla frosting
- 6 eggs, whole, large
- 1 Cup vegetable oil
- 1 Cup water
- 1/4 Cup lemon juice
- Assorted pastel sprinkles
- Candy eggs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour three 9-inch baking pans.
- Mix together vanilla cake mix, eggs, oil, water, and lemon juice until well combined. Divide batter evenly between three pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 28 to 33 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Let cakes cool completely and then freeze for at least 30 minutes.
- Remove cakes from the freezer and place one layer on your serving plate. Spread frosting in an even layer over the top of the cake and then repeat with remaining layers. Place a thin coat of frosting all over the outside of the cake and place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Remove cake from the refrigerator and cover the outside of the cake in an even, thick layer of frosting.
- Immediately cover sides of the cake with sprinkles. Pipe frosting around the top edges and decorate with additional sprinkles, candy eggs and other cake decorations.