This delicious Spanish side dish, Spinach with Raisins and Pine Nuts, often includes chopped, fried ham, jambon or bacon, giving it added depth and flavor. The ingredients are perfectly paired and blend well to create a heavenly side dish, well suited to roasts, or steaks.
- 2 Cups cooked spinach (2 pounds fresh or 2 packages frozen spinach)
- 1/2 Cup seedless raisins
- 1/4 Cup pine nuts; peeled
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Drain cooked spinach thoroughly and chop coarsely.
- Heat olive oil in skillet.
- Fry raisins and pine nuts until the latter are golden. Add spinach, season with salt and pepper, toss constantly while frying for 2 minutes, then serve.
Duchesse potatoes may be served simply or in an elegant presentation. No matter how you prepare them...
Italians love the simple blending of delicious flavors in a glorious Antipasto Salad. Served for lu...
The perfect side salad or main course for lunch, Chopped Antipasto Salad with Italian Dressing is al...
Mildly spicy, Hungarian Pot Roast with Noodles is a delectable, tasty main course that becomes a fam...