A glorious Spinach and Noodle Savory Kugel made with egg noodles with rich, earthy flavors. A superb dish for Hanukkah.
Spinach and Noodle Savory Kugel (Pareve)
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Main Course
Serves: 1 kugel
- 8 ounces Manischewitz egg noodles
- 10 ounces frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 Cup soy milk
- 1 package onion soup mix
- 4 Tablespoons margarine
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (180 degrees Celsius).
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Rinse and drain. Place in a bowl.
- Add spinach, which has been defrosted and drained well, to the noodles.
- Add beaten eggs, soy milk, and soup powder to the noodles and spinach.
- Put margarine in a baking pan, and place in the oven for a minute or two to melt the margarine and grease the pan. Remove from the oven and pour the noodle mixture into the pan.
- Cook at 350 degrees Fahrenheit (180 degrees Celsius) for 45 minutes, or until the top of the noodle has started to brown.