Subtle, rich and delightful, this simple dish makes a superb breakfast, lunch, dinner or brunch. Great with fried tomatoes or hash browns. Always a favorite.
- 3/4 Cup eggs, mixed
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 Tablespoons Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 Cup packed chopped fresh spinach
- 2 Tablespoons sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 slice hickory smoked bacon
- ground paprika
- Coat an 8 inch nonstick skillet with nonstick cooking spray, and preheat over medium low heat.
- Place the egg mix in the skillet, and sprinkle with the pepper. Let the eggs cook without stirring for about 2 minutes or until set around the edges. Use a spatula to lift the edges of the omelette, and allow the uncooked egg to flow below the cooked portion.
- Cook for another minute or two, until eggs are almost set.
- Arrange first the cheese, then the spinach, the mushrooms, and if desired cooked and crumbled bacon over half of the omelette.
- Fold the other half over the filling, and cook for another minute or two, or until the cheese is melted and eggs are completely set.
- Slide the omelette onto a plate, sprinkle with paprika and serve immediately.
Serve with a raspberry mango compote, sliced fresh mushroom and spinach salad and raspberry vinaigrette.