Subtle, rich and delightful, this simple dish makes a superb breakfast, lunch, dinner or brunch. Great with fried tomatoes or hash browns. Always a favorite.
- 3/4 Cup eggs, mixed
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 Tablespoons Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 Cup packed chopped fresh spinach
- 2 Tablespoons sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 slice hickory smoked bacon
- ground paprika
- Coat an 8 inch nonstick skillet with nonstick cooking spray, and preheat over medium low heat.
- Place the egg mix in the skillet, and sprinkle with the pepper. Let the eggs cook without stirring for about 2 minutes or until set around the edges. Use a spatula to lift the edges of the omelette, and allow the uncooked egg to flow below the cooked portion.
- Cook for another minute or two, until eggs are almost set.
- Arrange first the cheese, then the spinach, the mushrooms, and if desired cooked and crumbled bacon over half of the omelette.
- Fold the other half over the filling, and cook for another minute or two, or until the cheese is melted and eggs are completely set.
- Slide the omelette onto a plate, sprinkle with paprika and serve immediately.
Serve with a raspberry mango compote, sliced fresh mushroom and spinach salad and raspberry vinaigrette.
Simply wonderful, Irish Ginger-Citrus Marmalade is packed with rich flavor. Use it on appetizers, br...
While it sounds like the food of the common man, in truth, Cheesy Beer Soup is perfect even for the ...
An incredible blending of juxtaposed flavors is created in Roasted Figs with Gorgonzola, Balsamic Vi...
These Apple Fritters are simply delicious. Tasty, crunchy, yet soft and tender on the inside, they ...