Subtle, rich and delightful, this simple dish makes a superb breakfast, lunch, dinner or brunch. Great with fried tomatoes or hash browns. Always a favorite.
- 3/4 Cup eggs, mixed
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 Tablespoons Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 Cup packed chopped fresh spinach
- 2 Tablespoons sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 slice hickory smoked bacon
- ground paprika
- Coat an 8 inch nonstick skillet with nonstick cooking spray, and preheat over medium low heat.
- Place the egg mix in the skillet, and sprinkle with the pepper. Let the eggs cook without stirring for about 2 minutes or until set around the edges. Use a spatula to lift the edges of the omelette, and allow the uncooked egg to flow below the cooked portion.
- Cook for another minute or two, until eggs are almost set.
- Arrange first the cheese, then the spinach, the mushrooms, and if desired cooked and crumbled bacon over half of the omelette.
- Fold the other half over the filling, and cook for another minute or two, or until the cheese is melted and eggs are completely set.
- Slide the omelette onto a plate, sprinkle with paprika and serve immediately.
Serve with a raspberry mango compote, sliced fresh mushroom and spinach salad and raspberry vinaigrette.
We love Asparagus and Chicken in Black Bean Sauce. It's an easy to make dish and we serve it often f...
For an extraordinary dish of comfort food, perfect for Spring, try Creamed Chicken and Biscuits. Sup...
Swedish Meatballs are a grand old classic with a rich, delectable sauce. They may be served for coc...
You'll adore Cider Basted Pork Chop with Dried Cranberry Stuffing and its deep, rich flavors and tex...