A great spread for toast, bagels or muffins or blend with whipped cream as a pie topping. Superb eating!
Spicy Pumpkin Butter
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Diabetic
Serves: 2 Cups
- 1/4 Cup dark brown sugar; packed *
- 2 Tablespoons sugar **
- 1/4 Cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1/2 Cups pumpkin
- *for diabetic use why not try using; brown sugar Twin
- **use sugar substitute Equal.
- Combine the two sugars, water, allspice, ginger, cloves, nutmeg and cinnamon in a 4-cup glass measure.
- Microwave on HIGH 3 minutes; stir.
- Add pumpkin and microwave on HIGH 5 minutes.
- Let cool and refrigerate.
- Keeps several weeks in refrigerator or can be frozen.
- YIELD: 2 cups.
NOTE: Use this as you would apple butter. Simply delicious on toast, bagels or muffins.
TRY USING THIS ADDED TO WHIPPED CREAM TO GARNISH PUMPKIN PIE