Spicy Moroccan Carrots is a wonderful side dish. In Morocco, it would be served along side a Tagine of meats and Couscous, but works well with roasts and rice too!
Spicy Moroccan Carrots
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Side Dish
Serves: 6 to 8
- 4 carrots, peeled and cut into 1 1/2-inch slices
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon dried red chilies
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 Cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 3 Tablespoons vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried mint flakes
- In an 8-inch skillet, toast cumin seeds for 2 to 3 minutes over medium heat.
- Add carrots, chilies, oil, the water, salt, vinegar, and mint.
- Reduce heat, cover, and cook for 10 to 12 minutes.
Yield: 6 to 8 servings.