Spicy Mango Ketchup
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Accompaniments
Serves: 1 Quart
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh garlic
- 1 Cup red onion, chopped
- 1 mango, peeled, seeded and diced
- 3 Cups rice wine vinegar
- 1 bottle ketchup
- 1 box brown sugar
- 3 Tablespoons chipotle puree
- 2 Tablespoons ground ginger
- 1 Tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons ground cloves
- salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- In a sauce pan melt butter over medium heat, add garlic and onions and sweat until translucent. Add the rest of the ingredients and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. Puree and store in refrigerator.
- May be made 1 week in advance and stored in the refrigerator.