Spicy, sweet, tangy, fruity and seductive, this delicious condiment may be used as a side dish, appetizer, ingredient or dessert. Most flexible and intensely flavorful.
Spicy Cranberry Chutney
Author: St. Louis Post-Dispatch
Recipe type: Accompaniments
Serves: 1 1/2 Cups
- 1 can whole-berry cranberry sauce (16 ounces)
- 1/2 Cup raisins
- 1/2 Cup peeled, diced apple
- 6 Tablespoons granulated sugar
- 6 Tablespoons vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 dash ground cloves
- Combine all ingredients in a medium saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until apples are tender and sauce has thickened slightly, about 30 minutes.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Yields 2 1/2 cups.