Vivacious, vibrant and enticing flavors abound with every spoonful of this spicy, delectable tomato soup. Your palate sings with joy as you consume this delicious potage.
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, deseeded, chopped
- 2 carrots, diced
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2/3 Cup coconut milk
- 2 cans plum tomatoes (14.25 ounces each)
- 1/3 pound red lentils
- 2 ounces cashew nuts
- 3/4 ounce shredded coconut
- 3/4 ounce cilantro leaves
- Heat the oil in a pan; add the onion, pepper and carrot. Cook over a medium heat for 5 minutes. Stir in the coriander and cumin; cook for 2 minutes. Add the garlic, plum tomatoes, 250ml water and the lentils; season. Bring to the boil, then simmer for 20 to 25 minutes.
- In a processor, blitz the cashews, coconut, cilantro and a pinch of salt with 4 Tablespoons water, until roughly chopped. Scrape into a bowl.
- Rinse out the processor; blend the soup until smooth.
- Return the soup to the pan with the coconut milk; add more water if necessary. Stir and gently reheat. Ladle into bowls; serve topped with a little of the nutty relish.
Ideal for entertaining or light nibbles at a cocktail party, Cocktail Puffs with Herbs (Gougeres aux...
Italians love chestnuts and use them in most creative ways, such as Chestnut and Sausage Ravioli wit...
A great Turkey Baste should impart flavor, as well as provide moisture to the roasting bird, keeping...
Mrs. Branca was a beloved neighbor of our Publisher, and an outstanding cook and homemaker. Often, s...