Vivacious, vibrant and enticing flavors abound with every spoonful of this spicy, delectable tomato soup. Your palate sings with joy as you consume this delicious potage.
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, deseeded, chopped
- 2 carrots, diced
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2/3 Cup coconut milk
- 2 cans plum tomatoes (14.25 ounces each)
- 1/3 pound red lentils
- 2 ounces cashew nuts
- 3/4 ounce shredded coconut
- 3/4 ounce cilantro leaves
- Heat the oil in a pan; add the onion, pepper and carrot. Cook over a medium heat for 5 minutes. Stir in the coriander and cumin; cook for 2 minutes. Add the garlic, plum tomatoes, 250ml water and the lentils; season. Bring to the boil, then simmer for 20 to 25 minutes.
- In a processor, blitz the cashews, coconut, cilantro and a pinch of salt with 4 Tablespoons water, until roughly chopped. Scrape into a bowl.
- Rinse out the processor; blend the soup until smooth.
- Return the soup to the pan with the coconut milk; add more water if necessary. Stir and gently reheat. Ladle into bowls; serve topped with a little of the nutty relish.
This complex recipe is truly rich yet incredibly flavorful. An original Creole creation, Trout with ...
Once again, Thomas Keller offers up a superb recipe. Tomato Consomme seems more complicated than it ...
We made our delicious version with Panettone, though brioche works as well (much better than whole w...
Oven French Fries offer a tasty, crunchy treat to accompany meats, burgers, seafood, or poultry dish...