This superb syrup may be used to make Italian sodas or to moisten cakes. It is superb on Baklava but best over custards. Try it on a simple Blancmange.
- 1 Cup water
- 1 1/2 Cups sugar
- 3 whole cloves
- 1 cinnamon stick; 2" long
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated orange zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 Tablespoons orange or peach-flavored liqueur
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine the water, sugar, cloves, cinnamon stick, and orange zest.
- Bring to a boil, stirring to dissolve sugar. Reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla and liqueur. Cool to room temperature.
Serve over Orange Scented Custard or use over other desserts or in beverages.
An outstanding New Year's Eve Cake, perfectly suited to ringing in another year or any other time. S...
Coffee with chocolate is a perfect combination and makes an outstanding morning beverage or evening ...
If you love strawberries, and their wonderful flavor, try Mary Ann Esposito's Strawberry Tart (Crost...
Perfectly paired with a cup of espresso or a fine liqueur, Tiramisu makes a great dessert after a gr...