This superb syrup may be used to make Italian sodas or to moisten cakes. It is superb on Baklava but best over custards. Try it on a simple Blancmange.
- 1 Cup water
- 1 1/2 Cups sugar
- 3 whole cloves
- 1 cinnamon stick; 2" long
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated orange zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 Tablespoons orange or peach-flavored liqueur
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine the water, sugar, cloves, cinnamon stick, and orange zest.
- Bring to a boil, stirring to dissolve sugar. Reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla and liqueur. Cool to room temperature.
Serve over Orange Scented Custard or use over other desserts or in beverages.
Delicious Brownies live up to the standard their name implies. Every bite a chocolaty taste sensatio...
A rich, flavorful cake with a sweet, delectable frosting, Southern Red Velvet Cake is an absolute de...
The Caramel Apple was created to please young and old alike in the colder months. The basic recipe ...
Ann Sather's famed Cinnamon Rolls are the most wonderful thing to serve for breakfast, particularly ...