Spread it on toast; blend it into smoothies or smear it on a bagel – no matter how you use Spiced Grape Butter you will smile. Best of all, it requires no added sugars. Even if you sweeten it, natural honey is used, rather than processed sugar. It is amazing brushed on chicken.
- 12 cups red seedless grapes, cleaned and stemmed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cloves
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground allspice
- 1/4 Cup water
- In a large non-reactive pot, begin heating and mashing grapes for approximately 30 minutes. Stir frequently.
- When mixture has cooked for 30 minutes, place the the entire contents of the pot in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Return to heat, add spices, and cook down for approximately two to three hours until mixture is thickened.
- When the grape butter is the thickness you prefer, spoon it into hot, sterilized jars. Leave 1/2-inch head space, and seal. Process in boiling water bath for 10 minutes.
A classic Bavarian cake from the Black Forest where sour cherries grow wild, this delicious treat is...
The butter and spices give Baked Potato Spears a rich, delicious flavor that makes them the perfect ...
Frittatas are most often served for supper in Italy, but some can be served for any meal. Frittata w...
The most exceptional blending of flavors and textures is found in Chicken and Asparagus Pizza. This...