Spiced Cantaloupe s a seductive pairing of cayenne’s heat and the subtle and subdued taste of cantaloupe, with its pastel orange color. Extraordinarily delightful sorbet.
- 1 ripe cantaloupe, about 2 pounds, skinned and seeded
- 1/2 Cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- juice of 1/2 lime
- 2 Tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons vodka
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- Combine all the ingredients in a food processor or blender and process until smooth. The smoother, the better. Strain through a fine-mesh strainer into a clean bowl.
- Cover the bowl tightly and chill in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour or preferably overnight. When you are ready to freeze the mixture, transfer it to an ice cream maker and spin according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Eat immediately, or transfer to an airtight container, cover, and freeze for up to 1 week. (Fruit sorbets are best if enjoyed the same day.)
In Louisiana, economical, tasty food is the rule, and thus Cajun Red Beans and Rice have become a st...
Grilled Lamb Chops with Currant Herb Sauce offers a dynamic and complex combination of flavors, givi...
Maine is the home of lobster, blueberries and yes, great Homemade Marshmallows as you will see in th...
Escarole and Beans Soup is one of Italy's best creations, and a remnant of Magna Grecia, the ancient...