Spanish Rice is an important recipe with glorious flavor. Simply superb when served with a variety of main courses, this recipe deserves much more attention.
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Side Dish
- 1 small green pepper; finely diced
- 1 small red pepper; finely diced
- 2 ripe tomatoes - peeled, seeded and diced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 Cups cooked rice, prepared with 1 packet Sazón Azafran (saffron flavoring) and one packet Sazón ham flavoring
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion; finely diced
- 1 Tablespoon finely minced garlic
- 1/2 Cup Spanish olives, with pimentos
- Cook the rice according to the instructions on the package with the seasonings and keep warm. The rice will be aromatic and a rich golden yellow.
- Heat the oil over medium heat in a large skillet and add the onions. Cook, stirring, about 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook another minute. Add the peppers and tomatoes, cover and cook about 5 minutes.
- Add the rice, mix, and olives. Replace the cover and cook another minute or so.
- Taste for salt and pepper and serve immediately.