The extraordinary flavors offered in Spaghetti with Lobster Sauce provide an outstanding meal for young and old that will easily become a favorite in your family cookbook.
Paired with a fine dry white wine, this is a great dish to make for parties and intimate dinners.
- 3 lobsters, 1 1/4 pounds each
- 1 Cup olive oil, divided
- 6 garlic cloves, smashed, divided
- 1/3 Cup onions, diced
- 1/3 Cup celery, diced
- 1/3 Cup carrots, diced
- 4 Tablespoons flat-leaf parsley, chopped, divided
- 1/3 Cup Brandy
- 1 Cup dry white wine
- 5 Cups water
- 3 Tablespoons white onions, diced
- 1/2 dried pepperoncini, crushed
- 1 1/2 pounds cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3 basil leaves, torn
- 5 1/2 teaspoons sea salt, divided
- 1 pound spaghetti
- 2 Tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Split lobsters lengthwise, remove and crack claws. Heat 1/3 cup olive oil in large sauté pan; add half the lobsters, shell side up, and all claws. Add 2 cloves garlic; sauté 2 to 3 minutes. Remove lobsters, leaving claws, and sauté remaining lobster bodies. Transfer to bowl, cool slightly and remove meat. Reserve liquid and chop meat into large pieces. Cut shells into small pieces.
- Heat 1/3 cup olive oil in large sauté pan; add 2 garlic cloves, onions, celery, carrots and 3 Tablespoons parsley. Cook 2 minutes; add lobster shells and cook until dry. Remove from heat; add brandy and ignite to cook off alcohol. When flame is extinguished, add wine and return to heat; reduce, about 5 minutes. Add water; simmer 30 minutes. Strain, reduce to 1 cup and set aside.
- Heat remaining 1/3 cup olive oil in sauté pan; add remaining 2 garlic cloves, white onions and pepperoncini. Cook 2 minutes; add tomatoes, basil and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Sauté 2 minutes; add lobster meat and reserved liquid. Bring to boil, remove from heat and keep warm.
- Cook pasta al dente in 5 quarts water with 5 teaspoons salt. Drain and add to sauté pan.
- Toss pasta and sauce with remaining 1 teaspoon parsley, extra-virgin olive oil and black pepper.
In these trying times, a bowl of Tomato, Tarragon and Vodka Soup with a bit of kick never goes amiss...
The roasting of tomatoes caramelizes the natural sugars in the fruit in Chilled Roast Tomato Soup, e...
Pair these delectable Piragi with a bowl of earthy mushroom soup and pickled vegetables for an extra...
The light, soothing and creamy texture of delectable White Chocolate Mousse bursts upon the palate w...