Spaghetti with a Sicilian Squeeze
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Main
- 6 preserved anchovies in olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons candied orange peel, coarsely chopped
- pinch chile pepper flakes
- pinch cinnamon
- 1/4 Cup olive oil, plus additional
- 1 garlic clove, smashed
- 1 1/4 Cups broccoli, cut into florets
- salt, to taste
- 1 pound spaghetti
- 1/4 Cup almonds, toasted, coarsely crushed
- 1/4 Cup pistachios, shelled, coarsely crushed
- In food processor, pulse together anchovies, orange peel, chile flakes and cinnamon. With processor running, slowly add 1/4 cup olive oil until mixture becomes creamy. If mixture turns thick like a paste, drizzle in water until it reaches the consistency of a broken mayonnaise.
- In large sauté pan over low heat, add 1 Tablespoon olive oil. Add garlic; gently cook 1 minute. Remove garlic; add broccoli and cook until softened. Season lightly with salt.
- In large pot of boiling, salted water, cook spaghetti. Strain pasta, add to sauté pan, and toss with broccoli. Mix in anchovy cream, and additional olive oil as needed.
- To serve, divide pasta among 4 plates. Garnish each serving with almonds, pistachios, and a drizzle of olive oil.