Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Side Dish
- 3 Cups flour; unbleached
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 4 eggs; large, beaten
- 1/2 Cup water, or more
- 1/4 Cup butter
- Sift flour, salt and nutmeg together in a bowl.
- Pour eggs and 1/4 cup water into middle of flour mixture, beat with a wooden spoon. Add enough water to make the dough slightly sticky, yet keeping it elastic and stiff.
- Using a spaetzle machine or a colander with medium holes, press the noodles into a large pot full of boiling salted water.
- Cook noodles in the water about 5 minutes or until they rise to the surface. Lift noodles out and drain on paper towels.
- Brown noodles in melted butter over low heat.