Charred red peppers have a unique, smoky flavor that adds greatly to the flavor of Southwestern Grilled Flank with Charred Pepper Barbecue Sauce. Great for entertaining.
- 3 pounds Certified Angus Beef flank steak
- 1/4 Cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 Cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon cumin, toasted
- 1 Tablespoon chopped dried garlic
- 1 Tablespoon onion powder
- 1 Tablespoon ancho chili powder
- 1 Tablespoon chipotle powder
- 3 red bell peppers
- 1 medium yellow onion, finely chopped and sweated till translucent
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 Cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 Cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon chipotle powder
- 1 medium paper bag
- Combine all ingredients and rub onto meat. Marinate overnight in refrigerator. Grill to desired doneness on high heat. Rest for 5 minutes and slice on bias.
- Serve with boniato puree, jicama mango slaw and charred pepper barbecue sauce.
- Char the peppers on the grill till the skin is blackened.
- Place the peppers (using tongs) in the paper bag and close it up, setting it in a cool, dry place.
- After 1/2 hour, remove the peppers from the bag, one at a time, and remove the skin (it will peel right off) and core, taking out all the seeds (get them all) and fibrous membrane (the white bits).
- Place the peeled peppers in to a blender and puree, adding a little of the vinegar and the onion (that was cooked in the oil).
- Pour into a sauce pan, adding the remaining vinegar and brown sugar. Bring to a low boil till the sugar is fully dissolved and add the chipotle powder. Stir well. Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- Baste the meat with this sauce during cooking if desired. Serve the rest as a sauce.
The quintessential autumnal snack for kids of all ages, Candied Apples are seriously fun to eat and ...
Chilled Artichoke Soup is an incredibly flavorful potage with delicate flavor and incredible nutriti...
The natural pectin of apple helps solidify our Cranberry Sauce into a molded shape. Simply beautifu...
Holidays seem to increase the glorious flavors of Old Fashioned Apple Pie, a traditional American de...