Charred red peppers have a unique, smoky flavor that adds greatly to the flavor of Southwestern Grilled Flank with Charred Pepper Barbecue Sauce. Great for entertaining.
- 3 pounds Certified Angus Beef flank steak
- 1/4 Cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 Cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon cumin, toasted
- 1 Tablespoon chopped dried garlic
- 1 Tablespoon onion powder
- 1 Tablespoon ancho chili powder
- 1 Tablespoon chipotle powder
- 3 red bell peppers
- 1 medium yellow onion, finely chopped and sweated till translucent
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 Cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 Cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon chipotle powder
- 1 medium paper bag
- Combine all ingredients and rub onto meat. Marinate overnight in refrigerator. Grill to desired doneness on high heat. Rest for 5 minutes and slice on bias.
- Serve with boniato puree, jicama mango slaw and charred pepper barbecue sauce.
- Char the peppers on the grill till the skin is blackened.
- Place the peppers (using tongs) in the paper bag and close it up, setting it in a cool, dry place.
- After 1/2 hour, remove the peppers from the bag, one at a time, and remove the skin (it will peel right off) and core, taking out all the seeds (get them all) and fibrous membrane (the white bits).
- Place the peeled peppers in to a blender and puree, adding a little of the vinegar and the onion (that was cooked in the oil).
- Pour into a sauce pan, adding the remaining vinegar and brown sugar. Bring to a low boil till the sugar is fully dissolved and add the chipotle powder. Stir well. Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- Baste the meat with this sauce during cooking if desired. Serve the rest as a sauce.
Walnut Tart is a classic dessert, with a rich, crisp crust, and a crunchy, sweet filling. It is simp...
Soft, luscious, and tasty, our Sweet Potato Soufflé is a great side dish for Thanksgiving. The autu...
An astoundingly delicious dish, suitable as an appetizer or a main course for luncheon or brunch, Ar...
Apple and pork are a perfect pairing, each complementing the other's flavor and texture. Braised Po...