Southwestern Grilled Flank with Charred Pepper Barbecue Sauce is an extraordinary main course, with a sauce that has both spicy and smokey components. Simply delicious eating.
- 3 pounds Certified Angus Beef ® flank steak
- 1/4 Cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 Cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon cumin, toasted
- 1 Tablespoon chopped dried garlic
- 1 Tablespoon onion powder
- 1 Tablespoon Ancho chili powder
- 1 Tablespoon Chipotle powder
- 1 red bell pepper, large
- 2/3 Cup canned or fresh tomato purée
- 1/4 Cup orange juice
- 2 Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 3/4 teaspoon table salt or more to taste
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- Combine all ingredients and rub onto meat. Marinate overnight in refrigerator. Grill to desired doneness on high heat. Rest for 5 minutes and slice on bias.
- Serve with boniato puree, jicama mango slaw and Charred Pepper Barbecue Sauce.
- Preheat your broiler. Place your pepper on a baking sheet and cook it under the broiler until all sides are charred, turning with with tongs as needed. Don’t skimp on the charring as this skin will add a fantastic flavor dimension. They'll take about 15 minutes, but some broilers might only take 5 to 8 minutes. Transfer pepper to a mesh sieve set over a blender jar or food processor work bowl to cool until you’re able to handle it, about 15 minutes.
- Tear open the pepper and remove the seeds and membranes with your fingers or a paring knife. Add the pepper (with its skin) to the blender along with the remaining ingredients. Puree mixture until as smooth as possible. Transfer mixture to a small saucepan. Simmer it gently over low heat for 15 minutes, stirring from time to time. It will yield a fairly smooth that can be used as is, but if you’d like a smoother consistency, you have two options: running it back through the blender or food processor again (or after the fibers had cooked down more on the stove).
- Store in an airtight jar in the fridge for one week.
Our absolutely delicious Smoked Salmon Mousse and Cucumber Tea Sandwiches is glorious for your parti...
You will find a joyful flavor in every spoonful of Cherokee Pepper Pot Soup, a spicy and tasty delic...
Based on a recipe from Tavern on the Green, Lobster Bisque Epicure is an exotic compilation of flavo...
The parsnip is a greatly underrated root vegetable, full of wonderful flavor. Baked Parsnips Irish S...