Southern Pecan Pie is an amazing, rich and incredibly sweet dessert that is soothing and comforting to the soul. One of America’s great desserts!
Southern Pecan Pie
Serve warm, optionally with fresh whipped cream or ice cream. We prefer vanilla, though some prefer butter pecan, chocolate or caramel flavored ice creams.
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Desserts
- 1 pastry for a 9-inch pie
- 3 large eggs
- 2 Tablespoons flour
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 2 Cups dark corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, if desired
- 1 Cup pecan halves
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Line a pie plate with pastry. Refrigerate for 30 minutes until well chilled.
- Beat the eggs until light. Blend the flour and sugar and add this to the eggs. Beat well. Add the remaining ingredients, blending well.
- Pour the mixture into the pie shell and bake 10 minutes. Reduce the oven heat to 325 F and continue baking about 45 minutes.