Solyanka Sbornaya Mysnaya is a mixed meat soup from Russia. Full of flavor, without propaganda. A tasty blending of meats, vegetables, and more.
Solyanka Sbornaya Mysnaya
Author: Sergei Letshev
Recipe type: Soups and Stews
Serves: 2 Quarts
- 2 1/2 pounds beef chuck, with bones
- 1 each veal kidney
- 1/4 pound ham cubed 1/2-inch thick
- 1/4 pound hotdogs; sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 6 Cup water
- 2 each onions chopped
- 1 Tablespoons capers
- 1/2 Cup black olives pitted, chopped
- 2 each tomatoes, peeled & chopped
- 1 Tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 each bay leaves
- 1/2 each lemon sliced
- 4 ounces pickled mushrooms
- 2 each dill pickles julienned
- 6 Tablespoons flour
- Cook the beef in the water for 1 1/2 hours to make a rich broth.
- Slice the veal kidney into edible slices and dredge in the flour, brown in the butter.
- Brown the onions in the butter as well.
- Stir in the ham, hot dog slices, kidney, and onions into the beef stock and cook for 20 minutes. Add the remaining ingredients and cook for another 15 minutes.
- Like many foods this soup is best when prepared a day in advance, refrigerated, then re-heated and served.
- Usually served with a generous dollop of smetana (sour cream) and slices of black bread.