In a fanciful, contemporary way, Soda Shop Duet is a throwback to the ice cream soda, and other soda shop specials like custard and the root beer float. Simply wonderful.
- 2 Cups milk
- 2 Cups heavy cream
- 1 Cup sugar
- 8 pasteurized egg yolks
- 1 Tablespoon root-beer extract
- 4 Cups Root-beer granita (recipe follows)
- 8 vanilla Pots de Crème
- cream soda, as needed
- 1/4 Cup water
- 1/4 Cup sugar
- 24 ounces root beer
- In a large pot, mix together milk, cream and sugar. Bring to a boil; remove from heat and whisk in yolks slowly. Return to the stove and continue to stir over low heat until the mixture coats the back of the spoon. Strain; stir in root-beer extract; chill. Freeze in an ice-cream machine.
- For each serving, place a few spoonfuls of granita on top of 1 pot de crème.
- In a clear glass, add 2 scoops ice cream. At the table, pour cream soda over ice cream.
- In a large pot, mix together water and sugar. Bring to a boil, stirring to dissolve the sugar. Remove from heat, cool.
- Whisk in root beer. Pour mixture into a deep hotel pan. Let freeze 8 hours, scraping with a spoon occasionally as the granita freezes to “shave” the ice.
- Makes 4 Cups granita.
An outstanding New Year's Eve Cake, perfectly suited to ringing in another year or any other time. S...
Herbed Summer Melon Salad is an extraordinary summertime recipe, perfect for either a dessert or an ...
The tender flavor of pork is captured beautifully on the grill. With a lively marinade Zesty Grilled...
Nusskipferl (Nut Crescents) are tasty cookies, very similar to Rugelach, and utterly delicious. The...