In a fanciful, contemporary way, Soda Shop Duet is a throwback to the ice cream soda, and other soda shop specials like custard and the root beer float. Simply wonderful.
- 2 Cups milk
- 2 Cups heavy cream
- 1 Cup sugar
- 8 pasteurized egg yolks
- 1 Tablespoon root-beer extract
- 4 Cups Root-beer granita (recipe follows)
- 8 vanilla Pots de Crème
- cream soda, as needed
- 1/4 Cup water
- 1/4 Cup sugar
- 24 ounces root beer
- In a large pot, mix together milk, cream and sugar. Bring to a boil; remove from heat and whisk in yolks slowly. Return to the stove and continue to stir over low heat until the mixture coats the back of the spoon. Strain; stir in root-beer extract; chill. Freeze in an ice-cream machine.
- For each serving, place a few spoonfuls of granita on top of 1 pot de crème.
- In a clear glass, add 2 scoops ice cream. At the table, pour cream soda over ice cream.
- In a large pot, mix together water and sugar. Bring to a boil, stirring to dissolve the sugar. Remove from heat, cool.
- Whisk in root beer. Pour mixture into a deep hotel pan. Let freeze 8 hours, scraping with a spoon occasionally as the granita freezes to “shave” the ice.
- Makes 4 Cups granita.
Champ Mashed Potatoes are a national classic, representing a united Ireland's history and taste for ...
Warm Pear Charlotte is a simply stunning dessert suitable for any occasion and perfect for entertain...
Delicious, nutty, moist and crunchy, Maple Nut Rugelach are tender morsels filled with joy and delig...
The richness of Butter Pecan Cheesecake creates an outstanding, delicious and enjoyable dessert all ...