In a fanciful, contemporary way, Soda Shop Duet is a throwback to the ice cream soda, and other soda shop specials like custard and the root beer float. Simply wonderful.
- 2 Cups milk
- 2 Cups heavy cream
- 1 Cup sugar
- 8 pasteurized egg yolks
- 1 Tablespoon root-beer extract
- 4 Cups Root-beer granita (recipe follows)
- 8 vanilla Pots de Crème
- cream soda, as needed
- 1/4 Cup water
- 1/4 Cup sugar
- 24 ounces root beer
- In a large pot, mix together milk, cream and sugar. Bring to a boil; remove from heat and whisk in yolks slowly. Return to the stove and continue to stir over low heat until the mixture coats the back of the spoon. Strain; stir in root-beer extract; chill. Freeze in an ice-cream machine.
- For each serving, place a few spoonfuls of granita on top of 1 pot de crème.
- In a clear glass, add 2 scoops ice cream. At the table, pour cream soda over ice cream.
- In a large pot, mix together water and sugar. Bring to a boil, stirring to dissolve the sugar. Remove from heat, cool.
- Whisk in root beer. Pour mixture into a deep hotel pan. Let freeze 8 hours, scraping with a spoon occasionally as the granita freezes to “shave” the ice.
- Makes 4 Cups granita.
Using many ingredients, this spicy sauce offers an incredible dining experience to be savored in Chi...
Cuban-style Skirt Steak is a glorious dish to prepare and enjoy. The intoxicatingly rich herbal fla...
An outstanding comfort food, Roast Meat Loaf is one with a variety of added flavors to enhance the r...
Simple, elegant, interesting and utterly delicious, these marvelous appetizers pair well with cockta...