Snap Peas with Sesame Oil is a simple, delightful side dish perfect with Asian and Chinese dishes.
Snap Peas with Sesame Oil
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Side Dish
- 1 pound sugar snap or snow peas
- sesame oil
- chopped parsley or cilantro
- Cut across the stem end of the peas and pull off the string that runs along the length of the pea. Bring a pot of water to a boil, add salt and the peas.
- Blanche until the peas turn bright green and are tender-crisp, after a minute or so.
- Taste to make sure--the time will depend on the type of pea and how mature it is.
- Scoop them out with a strainer and shake off as much excess water as possible.
- Place them in a bowl and toss with just enough oil to lightly coat, a teaspoon or so. Add the parsley or cilantro and serve.
- For a variation, make the recipe using peanut oil or a fine olive oil tossed with basil rather than cilantro.