You’ll simply adore the simple delights of Smoked Salmon Rice Salad with Apple Vinaigrette. Light, refreshing and perfect for lunch or dinner. For a really interesting twist, serve it in a flour tortilla wrap as a burrito.
- 1 Cup long grain rice and wild rice
- 1 Quart chicken stock, warm
- 1 Cup diced smoked salmon
- 1 Cup celery, sliced
- 1/3 Cup golden, plumped raisins (or dried cranberries)
- 1/2 pound arugula (or baby lettuces), divided
- 1 Cup chopped hazelnuts, toasted
- 1 Granny Smith apples, cored, finely chopped (12 ounces) small
- 1/4 Cups Sherry vinegar
- 1/8 Cup minced chives
- 1 Tablespoons minced shallots
- 3/4 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/3 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 Cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Place rice blend in pot with stock and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat, cover and cook 15 to 20 minutes or until rice absorbs all liquid and is tender (follow package directions). Remove from heat and let stand 15 minutes covered before fluffing. Bring to room temperature before using as directed.
- Toss rice mixture with 2 cups Apple Vinaigrette*. Gently stir in salmon, celery and raisins. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Plate a handful of arugula on chilled plate and top with 1 cup salmon-rice salad mixture. Garnish with 2 Tablespoons hazelnuts and serve with 2 Tablespoons Apple Vinaigrette (recipe included).
- In bowl combine diced apple, vinegar, chives, shallots, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Slowly whisk in olive oil. Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour before using as directed. This makes 1 1/8 Cups.
Shrimp Bisque is classy, soothing, sultry and incredibly seductive. The flavor is rich and tantalizi...
Simple to make and utterly delicious, your family will crave Boston Cream Cupcakes regularly. Perfec...
Roast Cornish Game Hens with Herb-Bread Stuffing is so good, words cannot describe it, nor pay enoug...
Galician Almond Cake is a wonderful Spanish cake with deep regional roots in the northern region. Th...