You’ll simply adore the simple delights of Smoked Salmon Rice Salad with Apple Vinaigrette. Light, refreshing and perfect for lunch or dinner. For a really interesting twist, serve it in a flour tortilla wrap as a burrito.
- 1 Cup long grain rice and wild rice
- 1 Quart chicken stock, warm
- 1 Cup diced smoked salmon
- 1 Cup celery, sliced
- 1/3 Cup golden, plumped raisins (or dried cranberries)
- 1/2 pound arugula (or baby lettuces), divided
- 1 Cup chopped hazelnuts, toasted
- 1 Granny Smith apples, cored, finely chopped (12 ounces) small
- 1/4 Cups Sherry vinegar
- 1/8 Cup minced chives
- 1 Tablespoons minced shallots
- 3/4 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/3 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 Cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Place rice blend in pot with stock and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat, cover and cook 15 to 20 minutes or until rice absorbs all liquid and is tender (follow package directions). Remove from heat and let stand 15 minutes covered before fluffing. Bring to room temperature before using as directed.
- Toss rice mixture with 2 cups Apple Vinaigrette*. Gently stir in salmon, celery and raisins. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Plate a handful of arugula on chilled plate and top with 1 cup salmon-rice salad mixture. Garnish with 2 Tablespoons hazelnuts and serve with 2 Tablespoons Apple Vinaigrette (recipe included).
- In bowl combine diced apple, vinegar, chives, shallots, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Slowly whisk in olive oil. Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour before using as directed. This makes 1 1/8 Cups.
The flavor of Commander's Palace Turtle Soup au Sherry is so extraordinary that it has become legend...
Beef and Barley Stew is one of those wonderful recipes that came out of Britain, and migrated to Ame...
Cucumber Kimchi (Oi Sobaegi Kimchi) is a spicy, amazing side dish rarely found in American kitchens....
Simply wonderful, Irish Ginger-Citrus Marmalade is packed with rich flavor. Use it on appetizers, br...