Crunchy jicama with thinly sliced salmon and creamy Neufchatel make an outstanding canape for your parties.
Smoked Salmon Canapes
Recipe type: Appetizer, Canapes
- 1/2 (8 ounce) package Neufchatel cheese (or Cream cheese) softened
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lime rind
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 1/2 pounds jicama, unpeeled
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tablespoon ground black pepper
- 2 ounces smoked salmon cut into 36 thin strips.
- 3 limes, cut in wedges
- Combine cheese, lime rind, onion powder and Worcestershire sauce in a small mixing bowl; beat at medium speed of an electric mixture until smooth. Set aside.
- Cut jicama into 1/4 inch thick slices; cut slices into 18 (2 inch) squares. Cut each square in half diagonally to make 36 triangles. Discard remaining jicama.
- Rub the longest side of each triangle with a lime wedge. Dip side of triangle in pepper. Repeat procedure with remaining triangles.
- Pipe or spoon about 1 Tablespoon cheese mixture onto each triangle. Top with a salmon strip.