An unusual, but delicious salad with smoked oysters, available in most good gourmet stores. You can also used smoked shrimp, mussels or fish.
Smoked Oyster Green Salad
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Salads and Dressings
- 6 Cups leaf lettuce; torn into pieces
- 4 Cups romaine lettuce; torn into pieces
- 1 Cup cherry tomatoes; halved
- 4 ounces smoked oysters; well drained
- 1 Cup croutons
- Garlic Vinaigrette Dressing:
- 2 Tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic; minced or pressed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1/3 Cup salad oil
- 1 Tablespoon parsley; chopped
- To prepare salad, mix leaf lettuce, romaine, and tomatoes in a salad bowl; set aside.
- To prepare Garlic Vinaigrette Dressing, mix vinegar, lemon juice, mustard, garlic, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl.
- Using a whisk or fork, gradually blend in oil, mixing until well blended and slightly thickened. Stir in parsley. Mix lettuce mixture, lightly with dressing.
- Sprinkle evenly with smoked oysters and croutons.
Salad Yield 6 servings. Dressing Yield: 1/2 cup.