Slow-Smoked Beef Tenderloin with White Truffle Aioli
Author: Richard Chamberlain, Restaurant at the Little Nell, Aspen
- 2 pounds beef tenderloin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- Italian parsley
STEP ONE: Prepare Tenderloin
- Season tenderloin with salt and pepper. In large skillet over medium-high heat, add olive oil and sear tenderloin on all sides. Place in smoker using apple wood. Smoke at 325 degrees for 25 minutes. Reduce heat to 225 degrees and continue smoking for 30 minutes.
STEP TWO: Prepare "Alpine Mushroom Salad"
- See the recipe for "Alpine Mushroom Salad" in this cookbook.
STEP THREE: Prepare "White Truffle Aioli"
- An aioli is a mayonnaise-like sauce common to southern France. See the recipe for White Truffle Aioli in this cookbook.
STEP FOUR: To Assemble
- Slow-Smoked Beef Tenderloin, "Alpine Mushroom Salad," and "White Truffle Aioli"
- Place room temperature mushroom salad in center of plate. Slice tenderloin and place over center of salad. Top with White Truffle Aioli and garnish with Italian parsley.