Slow Roasted Pork Belly is well-complimented by sweet Char Siu sauce, giving the meat a rich, delectable flavor.
Slow Roasted Pork Belly
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Main Course
Serves: serves 4
- 2 kg pork belly, ribs removed
- 250 ml water
- 1 piece ginger, chopped coarsely
- 6 cloves garlic, chopped coarsely
- 6 Tablespoons char siu sauce
- Preheat oven to 110-120 degrees C.
- Wash the belly, dry, rub over the char sui sauce.
- Place in a heavy baking dish, skin down, pour in the water and sprinkle generously with ginger and garlic, cover with aluminum foil and place in the oven.
- Check after 1 hour to see that the temperature is not too low that nothing is happening or too high that it is cooking too fast.
- After 5 hours the meat will be just so tender.
- The skin will not be any good and you will have to cut it off.
- Serve with a simple salad.