Sliced London Broil with Cremini Mushroom Sauce is one of those incredibly simple recipes that offer complex flavors and delicious dining experiences. Perfect for family meals or more formal entertaining. This recipe quickly becomes one of those family favorites you’ll make quite often.
- 1 pound beef top round, trimmed
- 1 ounce butter, unsalted, clarified
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 Cup prepared beef gravy, brown sauce, or thickened brown stock
- 1/2 Cup Cremini mushrooms, cooked, seasoned with pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Brush top round with butter, then season with salt and pepper. Roast at 350 until an internal temperature of 135 degrees is reached (for medium rare) – approximately 40 minutes.
- Allow the roast to rest for 10 to 15 minutes before carving. Slice across the grain in very thin slices – no thicker than a 1/8th of an inch thick.
- Serve with brown sauce/mushroom mixture, mashed potatoes and a green vegetable (such as asparagus, broccoli, or snap peas).
- Alternative uses: steak sandwiches, pocket or panini sandwiches, steakhouse salads, and mixed grill entrees.
When it comes to steaks, the simplest preparation is always the best. Balsamic Steak is simple, but ...
Traditional Fondue is a glorious Swiss recipe of melted, flavored cheeses, wine, kirsch and spices. ...
Simply a superb side dish or salad course, Corn Bread, Tomato and Cilantro Salad is a wonderful comb...
Layers of apples, crispy and flaky puff pastry and rich caramel combine to make Apple Napoleons with...