Six Bean Minestrone is a heart-warming compilation of ingredients that is comforting yet flavorful. Perfect for cold-weather to take the chill from one’s bones.
Six Bean Minestrone
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Soups and Stews
- 1/2 Cup Pinto beans, dried
- 1/2 Cup Northern white beans, dried
- 1/2 Cup Lima beans, dried
- 1/2 Cup pink beans, dried
- 1/2 Cup red beans, dried
- 10 Cups water
- 1/2 Cup Garbanzo beans, canned
- 1 onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 Cups celery, chopped
- 1/4 Cup parsley, chopped
- 4 Cups tomatoes, stewed
- 2 Cups cabbage, shredded
- 5 Cups zucchini, thinly sliced
- Soak all beans except garbanzos in 10 cups water as necessary. Change water before cooking beans.
- Cook beans 2 to 3 hours or until done. Add garbanzos and heat thoroughly.
- Saute onion, garlic, celery and parsley in a pan with vegetable stock. Add to cooked beans.
- Add tomatoes. Simmer covered for 45 minutes.
- Add cabbage and squash. Add enough water to equal 7 quarts of soup. Bring to a low boil then reduce heat to simmer.
- Cook until zucchini and cabbage are done.
Serves 30. Calories: 140 Fat: 0 gm 0% fat