The amazing flavor, and nutty crunch of Simple Wild Rice is complemented and enhanced by the addition of glorious truffle butter. The butter gives the recipe a unique flavor and sheen.
Wild rice is not native to Europe, and thus this recipe, of French origin, is adapted from North America, where the rice grows in northern areas of the United States and southern Canada. It is exported to France.
- 2 Cups wild rice
- 6 Cups boiling water
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 1 Tablespoon truffle butter
- To prepare the wild rice, wash it in a sieve under cold running water for 2 minutes.
- Put the rice in a heavy pan, add the boiling water, and the butter.
- Cover, and let the rice simmer about 55 minutes until it is cracked and puffy.
- Drain, and salt to taste. (Be sure to drain rice after soaking.)
- Mix the warm wild rice with truffle butter for a unique flavor.
Crunchy, buttery and utterly delicious, Hazelnut Brittle is unusual, though it will become a favorit...
For a delightful start to your dinner, try Cold Noodles in Soy Soup (Kong-Guksu). The flavors are in...
Lavender Fig Tart is the epitome of summertime flavors. This extraordinary fruit tart has the disti...
Sweet Potato and Apple Spice Stuffed Turkey Roulade is a uniquely flavorful way to serve a delicious...