The amazing flavor, and nutty crunch of Simple Wild Rice is complemented and enhanced by the addition of glorious truffle butter. The butter gives the recipe a unique flavor and sheen.
Wild rice is not native to Europe, and thus this recipe, of French origin, is adapted from North America, where the rice grows in northern areas of the United States and southern Canada. It is exported to France.
- 2 Cups wild rice
- 6 Cups boiling water
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 1 Tablespoon truffle butter
- To prepare the wild rice, wash it in a sieve under cold running water for 2 minutes.
- Put the rice in a heavy pan, add the boiling water, and the butter.
- Cover, and let the rice simmer about 55 minutes until it is cracked and puffy.
- Drain, and salt to taste. (Be sure to drain rice after soaking.)
- Mix the warm wild rice with truffle butter for a unique flavor.
Roasted Vegetable Calzones offer a simple, handy and easy-to-eat meal, packed with incredibly tasty,...
Simple, refined and just plain wonderful, Arcadian Shepherd's Pie is an economical recipe that produ...
Blueberry Parfaits are somewhat unique in that they make both a wonderful breakfast or brunch main c...
Spicy, rich, refined, aromatic and completely delightful, Arroz Verde is an ideal Mexican side dish ...