Simple Salisbury Steak
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Beef
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup, div.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 Cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 Cup finely chopped onion
- 1 1/2 Cups sliced mushrooms
- 1. In bowl, mix thoroughly 1/4 cup of the soup, beef, bread crumbs, egg, and onion. Shape firmly into 6 patties.
- In skillet over medium-high heat, cook patties, a few at a time, until browned on both sides. Spoon off fat.
- Stir in remaining soup and mushrooms; return patties to skillet. Reduce heat to low. Cover; simmer 20 minutes or until done, turning patties occasionally.