To say that Shrimp Scampi and Pasta is aromatic is to say a silk gown is just a dress. This exceptionally flavorful dish is perfumed with shallots, garlic and parsley, for a glorious scent and wonderful combination of textures. Bellissimo!
- 1 3/4 Cups defatted chicken broth
- 1/2 pound angel-hair pasta
- 2 Tablespoons chopped garlic
- 1 pound peeled and deveined jumbo shrimp
- 4 Tablespoons chopped shallots
- pepper to taste
- 4 Tablespoons chopped parsley
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil for the pasta.
- Combine broth, garlic and 3 tablespoons each of shallots and parsley in a large saucepan. Bring slowly to a simmer; cook 2 minutes.
- Add pasta to boiling water; cool according to directions.
- Add shrimp to broth, stir well and cook for 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 minutes, or until shrimp are cooked through. Add remaining shallots.
- Drain pasta; divide evenly among large shallow plates. Arrange shrimp over pasta and spoon "broth sauce" over shrimp. Sprinkle with pepper, garnish with remaining parsley.
- Serve immediately. Serves 6 as an appetizer or 4 as an entree.
Giardinieria is often seen in Italian restaurants in large gallon-size jars full of colorful sliced ...
Taste-of-Gazpacho Salad offers up many of the same flavors found in the famed soup. It is perfect su...
Watermelon, Marinated Feta and Sunflower Shoot Salad with a Clear Tomato Jelly delivers an incredibl...
Cold Papaya Soup is a Caribbean delight, pairing the sweet and tangy flavor of the fruit with lime f...