To say that Shrimp Scampi and Pasta is aromatic is to say a silk gown is just a dress. This exceptionally flavorful dish is perfumed with shallots, garlic and parsley, for a glorious scent and wonderful combination of textures. Bellissimo!
- 1 3/4 Cups defatted chicken broth
- 1/2 pound angel-hair pasta
- 2 Tablespoons chopped garlic
- 1 pound peeled and deveined jumbo shrimp
- 4 Tablespoons chopped shallots
- pepper to taste
- 4 Tablespoons chopped parsley
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil for the pasta.
- Combine broth, garlic and 3 tablespoons each of shallots and parsley in a large saucepan. Bring slowly to a simmer; cook 2 minutes.
- Add pasta to boiling water; cool according to directions.
- Add shrimp to broth, stir well and cook for 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 minutes, or until shrimp are cooked through. Add remaining shallots.
- Drain pasta; divide evenly among large shallow plates. Arrange shrimp over pasta and spoon "broth sauce" over shrimp. Sprinkle with pepper, garnish with remaining parsley.
- Serve immediately. Serves 6 as an appetizer or 4 as an entree.
Pair these delectable Piragi with a bowl of earthy mushroom soup and pickled vegetables for an extra...
Most traditional BBQ sauces and marinades leave seafood too sweet, or tasting of burnt sugar. This l...
The amazing flavor of this dish is sublimely complemented when served over Jasmine rice. Its rich T...
Donegal Cream is a luscious, creamy dessert enhanced with fresh fruit, usually berries, though peach...