To say that Shrimp Scampi and Pasta is aromatic is to say a silk gown is just a dress. This exceptionally flavorful dish is perfumed with shallots, garlic and parsley, for a glorious scent and wonderful combination of textures. Bellissimo!
- 1 3/4 Cups defatted chicken broth
- 1/2 pound angel-hair pasta
- 2 Tablespoons chopped garlic
- 1 pound peeled and deveined jumbo shrimp
- 4 Tablespoons chopped shallots
- pepper to taste
- 4 Tablespoons chopped parsley
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil for the pasta.
- Combine broth, garlic and 3 tablespoons each of shallots and parsley in a large saucepan. Bring slowly to a simmer; cook 2 minutes.
- Add pasta to boiling water; cool according to directions.
- Add shrimp to broth, stir well and cook for 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 minutes, or until shrimp are cooked through. Add remaining shallots.
- Drain pasta; divide evenly among large shallow plates. Arrange shrimp over pasta and spoon "broth sauce" over shrimp. Sprinkle with pepper, garnish with remaining parsley.
- Serve immediately. Serves 6 as an appetizer or 4 as an entree.
One of the favorite recipes from Italy, a great Baked Lasagna is an perfect family meal. Serve with ...
Diane Rossen Worthington's delicious Lemon Meringue Pie is an incredible treasure. The flaky crust,...
When it comes to great flavor, Filet Mignon Sauce Madeira is unsurpassed and the delight of gastrono...
Clove, Cinnamon and Chocolate Cookies are packed with delightful flavors. Cinnamon and cloves pair w...