To say that Shrimp Scampi and Pasta is aromatic is to say a silk gown is just a dress. This exceptionally flavorful dish is perfumed with shallots, garlic and parsley, for a glorious scent and wonderful combination of textures. Bellissimo!
- 1 3/4 Cups defatted chicken broth
- 1/2 pound angel-hair pasta
- 2 Tablespoons chopped garlic
- 1 pound peeled and deveined jumbo shrimp
- 4 Tablespoons chopped shallots
- pepper to taste
- 4 Tablespoons chopped parsley
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil for the pasta.
- Combine broth, garlic and 3 tablespoons each of shallots and parsley in a large saucepan. Bring slowly to a simmer; cook 2 minutes.
- Add pasta to boiling water; cool according to directions.
- Add shrimp to broth, stir well and cook for 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 minutes, or until shrimp are cooked through. Add remaining shallots.
- Drain pasta; divide evenly among large shallow plates. Arrange shrimp over pasta and spoon "broth sauce" over shrimp. Sprinkle with pepper, garnish with remaining parsley.
- Serve immediately. Serves 6 as an appetizer or 4 as an entree.
Angel Food Cake is soft as a heavenly cloud, pure white, with a golden crust and divinely sweet to t...
Wow, Yankee Bacon and Onion Scones are so good. Perfect for breakfast or an afternoon snack with cof...
Pair these delectable Piragi with a bowl of earthy mushroom soup and pickled vegetables for an extra...
You'll simply adore the simple delights of Smoked Salmon Rice Salad with Apple Vinaigrette. Light, r...