This Greek dish is full of rich flavors of the Aegean. These little treasures also work beautifully on the grill, with soaked wooden skewers instead of metal.
- 24 large shrimp; peeled and deveined
- 3 cloves garlic; minced
- 3 Tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh oregano
- 1/2 Cup olive oil
- 1/4 Cup Brandy or dry white wine
- salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- lemon wedges; for accompaniment
- In a large bowl combine all ingredients except lemon wedges. Mix well and marinate at least 1 hour, or cover and refrigerate up to 4 hours.
- Preheat broiler. Remove shrimp, reserving marinade; thread 6 shrimp onto each of 4 metal skewers. Place on a broiler rack with a pan underneath to catch drippings.
- Pour marinade over shrimp. Broil about 3 inches from heat, basting with marinade and turning once, until golden on both sides (about 10 minutes total cooking time).
To serve, slide shrimp off skewers onto individual serving plates. Pour pan juices over and serve immediately with lemon wedges.
Champeach Sorbet is a simple recipe, with complex and delicious results. Serve with a sliced peach a...
Guinness Black and White Chocolate Mousse is seriously astonishing for its depth of flavor and stunn...
If you really love to create unique, exciting salads, Crazy Cobb Salad is a priceless addition to yo...
The holy trinity of flavoring food, this simple combination of three ordinary vegetables create rich...