Our delicious Shrimp Cakes are a professional chef’s quality, and the kind you’d expect in the finest restaurant. Served with a sauce and salad, they’re perfect as an appetizer or main course.
- 1 pound frozen cooked bay shrimp, thawed
- 1/4 Cup red onion, diced
- 1/4 Cup green onion, diced
- 1/4 Cup celery, diced
- 1/4 Cup mayonnaise
- 3/4 Cup panko breadcrumbs, divided use
- 2 Tablespoons Cajun seasoning
- salt to, taste
- pepper, to taste
- 4 to 5 eggs, beaten, divided use
- 2 Cups flour
- 1/4 Cup butter
- Combine whole shrimp, red onion, green onion, celery, mayonnaise, 1/2 cup breadcrumbs, Cajun seasoning, salt, pepper and 2 or 3 beaten eggs, depending on desired consistency. Mix until ingredients bind together. Portion into 10 to 12 cakes.
- Place remaining breadcrumbs and beaten egg in separate bowls. Dredge each cake in crumbs; dip into remaining beaten egg; dredge in flour.
- Pan-fry in butter over medium-high heat until golden brown and cakes are firm and reach internal temperature of 150 degrees F.
- Serve cakes (2 per order) on a bed of mixed spring greens, lightly tossed with olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
There's nothing as satisfying as Roasted Lemon Chicken for a grand family dinner. Simple, delicious ...
This is a simple and flavorful meatloaf with the same spices used in haggis. The oatmeal gives it a ...
Today's trend towards Healthy Bone Broth is epitomized in this exceptional recipe. Many bone broth ...
The earthy flavor of Cepe Consommé, particularly enhanced with Madeira, provides a rich, comfortable...