Spread this thinly on bread and toast in the oven for Shrimp Toast, a great accompaniment to seafood soups and chowders. Place a knob of this butter on filet mignon or shell steaks to add a delightful shrimp flavor, or add some to your baked potato for a real treat. Goes great on lobster tails, too.
- 25 g (4 ounces) butter
- 50 g (2 ounces) peeled shrimps, finely chopped
- 5 ml (1 teaspoon) lemon juice
- Whisk the butter until soft but not oily.
- Add the shrimps and lemon juice, beat in well. Chill in the refrigerator in a small bowl, covered, or form into a long roll in greaseproof paper.
- To serve cut the roll into 1 cm (1/2-inch) slices and place on the meat or fish or use small knobs from the bowl.
Adds great flavor to garlic bread, toasted French bread, grilled chicken or steaks.