This recipe for Short Rib Wellington focuses on one portion. Just repeat it for each guest. We support it with a Braised Short Ribs recipe for six.
Short Rib Wellington
The exquisite flavor in this dish are to be savored for a lifetime. WOW!
Author: Michael Scelfo
Recipe type: Beef
- 4 ounces braising liquid, reserved from short ribs (recipe follows)
- 3 ounces boneless short ribs, cut into 1-inch dice (recipe follows)
- 1 ounce assorted roasted mushrooms
- 1/2 ounce roasted parsnips
- 1/2 ounce roasted apples
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 Tablespoons butter, cold
- 2 Tablespoons chopped Italian parsley
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 1 (4-inch) round puff-pastry round, brushed with egg wash, baked
- In small sauté pan over medium heat, combine braising liquid, beef, mushrooms, parsnip and apple. Cook until sauce is reduced by half; season with salt and pepper.
- Stir in butter, parsley and thyme. Transfer ingredients to mini cast-iron Dutch oven. Garnish with puff pastry.