Shish Kebabs have been a wonderful, easy method of cooking for centuries, yet they are as fresh a recipe today as when first created. Simple, and delicious and wonderful served en flambee.
- 1/4 Cup olive oil
- 1/2 onion; minced
- 8 cloves garlic; finely minced
- 1/4 Cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 teaspoons minced fresh dill weed, or
- 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed dried hot chilies
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 pounds lean boneless lamb; cut into 1" chunks
- 1 large onion; cut into wedges
- 1 small eggplant; cut into 1" chunks
- 12 small fresh mild to hot chilies
- 2 ripe but firm tomatoes; cut into wedges
- Mix all of the marinade ingredients together. Add all of the remaining ingredients and toss lightly with the marinade; refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- When ready to cook, thread the meat and vegetables alternately onto skewers and grill about 4 inches from the coals.
- Turn frequently and paint with extra marinade during cooking. Cook to desired doneness.
Yield: 16 to 24 skewers.
Cold soups are easy to make because all they usually need is one quick turn in the blender. This rec...
In Ducklings with Blackberry Sauce, the tangy taste of the berries offsets the sweetness of the meat...
Cold Hungarian Cherry Soup calls for sour cherries, but we've made this with canned Bing cherries (s...
Fresh Sage Polenta is an exciting, aromatic side dish perfect as the bed for a variety of your best ...