Shepherd's Turkey Pie
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Meat Pies
- 2 onions; sliced
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 Cups turkey or chicken; cooked and chopped
- 1/4 Cup whole wheat flour
- 2 Cups chicken stock or broth
- 2 Cups carrots; sliced, steamed
- 2 Cups tomato/canned peeled diced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 6 potatoes; cooked, mashed
- In a large saucepan, saute the onions in the oil for 5 minutes. Add the turkey (or chicken). Sprinkle in the flour, stir to blend. Add the chicken stock, carrots, tomatoes, thyme, and rosemary.
- Cook over medium heat until thickened. Pour into a lightly oiled 3-quart casserole. Spread the potatoes over the top. Bake in a 375 F oven for 20 to 30 minutes, or until browned.
1/6 recipe - 371 calories, 4 lean meat, 2 bread, 1 vegetable exchange 38 grams carbohydrate, 33 grams protein, 10 grams fat 81 mg sodium, 1133 mg potassium, 71 mg cholesterol