Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Stocks and Foundation Sauces
Serves: 2 1/2 Cups
- 2 1/2 Cups rich, defatted chicken stock
- 1/2 Cup dry white wine
- 3 ounces shrimp shells
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped chipotle in adobo
- 1 big pinch saffron
- 2 teaspoons tomato paste
- salt, to taste
- freshly-ground black pepper, to taste
- Heat chicken stock and white wine together in a saucepan.
- Rinse shrimp shells and add to pan along with remainder of ingredients.
- Bring just to the boil then reduce heat and gently simmer partially covered for 5 to 10 minutes (boiling causes stock to be cloudy).
- Strain carefully and let stock sit undisturbed for a few minutes to allow any solids to settle.
- Carefully transfer to another container leaving solids behind.
- This recipe yields approximately 2 1/2 cups of stock.
- Recipe Source: JOHN ASH