A refreshing Shaved Portobello Mushroom and Arugula Salad, enhanced by a rich and flavorful cheese tuile makes a delectable side dish with an amazing dressing.
Shaved Portobello Mushroom and Arugula Salad
Author: Adapted from Ben de Vries
Recipe type: Salad
- 1 Tablespoon Champagne vinegar
- 1/2 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon shallots, minced
- 1/4 Cup extra-virgin olive oil
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- 3 3/4 ounces Grana Padano cheese, grated
- 9 ounces portobello mushrooms, cleaned
- 3 ounces wild arugula, stemmed
- For the vinaigrette, in a bowl whisk together vinegar, lemon juice, shallots, salt and pepper. Gradually whisk in olive oil.
- To make each cheese tuile, form cheese into a 5-inch disk on a silicone baking sheet.
- Bake at 300 degrees F for 10 minutes or until the edges start to turn from white to yellow. Let cool 1 minute.
- Using a large spatula, remove the tuile from the baking sheet and drape over an inverted small bowl. Gently press the tuile around the bowl as it cools.
- Using a mandoline, shave the mushrooms.
- For each serving, in a bowl mix together mushrooms, arugula and vinaigrette. Mound in the center of the tuile.