Chocolate crust with a milk chocolate coating, fluffy filling, whipped cream and a chocolate drizzle; Seriously Chocolate Mousse Pie is not for the faint of heart, but oh so enjoyable!
- 1 Cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/3 Cup baking cocoa
- 1/4 Cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 Cup butter, melted
- 2 3/4 Cups (16 ounces) semi-sweet chocolate morsels, divided
- 2 Cups heavy whipping cream, divided
- 2 teaspoons powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine graham cracker crumbs, cocoa and granulated sugar in 9-inch pie plate. Stir in butter until moistened; press onto bottom and up side of pie plate.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes. Sprinkle 1/2 cup morsels over bottom of hot crust; let stand for 10 minutes or until all morsels are shiny. Spread chocolate over bottom and up side of crust. Cool to room temperature.
- Microwave 2 cups morsels and 3/4 cup cream in large, uncovered, microwave-safe bowl on HIGH (100%) power for 1 minute; STIR. The morsels may retain some of their original shape. If necessary, microwave at additional 10- to 15-second intervals, stirring just until morsels are melted. Cool to room temperature.
- Beat remaining cream, powdered sugar and vanilla extract in chilled small mixer bowl until soft peaks form. Fold 2 cups whipped cream into chocolate mixture. Spoon into crust; swirl top. Garnish with remaining whipped cream. Refrigerate until firm.
- Microwave remaining 1/4 cup morsels in heavy-duty plastic bag on HIGH (100%) power for about 30 seconds; knead until smooth. Cut tiny corner from bag; squeeze to drizzle chocolate over pie. Let stand a few minutes before serving.
Farfalle with Pumpkin Sauce is a wonderful harvest-time pasta recipe with a sauce full of earthy goo...
An enticing, alluring and colorful Yellow Tomato Gazpacho helps cool and refresh on a hot summer's e...
Chicken Piccata is an Italian favorite, and quite easy to make too. Your family will adore its lemon...
Wow, these Baked Apples are soooo good! Surprisingly, they are even good for you. Low sugar too! Be ...