Chocolate crust with a milk chocolate coating, fluffy filling, whipped cream and a chocolate drizzle; Seriously Chocolate Mousse Pie is not for the faint of heart, but oh so enjoyable!
- 1 Cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/3 Cup baking cocoa
- 1/4 Cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 Cup butter, melted
- 2 3/4 Cups (16 ounces) semi-sweet chocolate morsels, divided
- 2 Cups heavy whipping cream, divided
- 2 teaspoons powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine graham cracker crumbs, cocoa and granulated sugar in 9-inch pie plate. Stir in butter until moistened; press onto bottom and up side of pie plate.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes. Sprinkle 1/2 cup morsels over bottom of hot crust; let stand for 10 minutes or until all morsels are shiny. Spread chocolate over bottom and up side of crust. Cool to room temperature.
- Microwave 2 cups morsels and 3/4 cup cream in large, uncovered, microwave-safe bowl on HIGH (100%) power for 1 minute; STIR. The morsels may retain some of their original shape. If necessary, microwave at additional 10- to 15-second intervals, stirring just until morsels are melted. Cool to room temperature.
- Beat remaining cream, powdered sugar and vanilla extract in chilled small mixer bowl until soft peaks form. Fold 2 cups whipped cream into chocolate mixture. Spoon into crust; swirl top. Garnish with remaining whipped cream. Refrigerate until firm.
- Microwave remaining 1/4 cup morsels in heavy-duty plastic bag on HIGH (100%) power for about 30 seconds; knead until smooth. Cut tiny corner from bag; squeeze to drizzle chocolate over pie. Let stand a few minutes before serving.
The simple pleasures of Herbed Potato Galette with Boursin pair perfectly with filet mignon, roasts ...
Chocolate Chip Muffins are a delicious, favorite morning treat, perfect with a cup of coffee for a q...
Sweet, colorful, creamy and delicious, Blueberry Soup with Vanilla Custard Cream is best served as a...
A moist, rich, buttery loaf that makes the most of simple flavorings, Butter Loaf Pound Cake is an i...