Many recipes call for Self-Rising Flour. Of course you may buy it in most grocery stores but if you don’t bake with it often, that’s not economical. Make your own as needed.
- 1 Cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (to 1/2 teaspoon)* see Note
- Add dry ingredients to a mixing bowl. Combine well.
- If using an electric mixer, set on a slow speed and use a whisk mixing tool.
- The salt and baking powder should be well incorporated. With an electric mixer, increase the time to five minutes.