Seared Scallops with Citrus Salad pairs both oranges and grapefruit with the sweet and seductive flavor of scallops. This is a grand recipe with outstanding results. Easy to make, too.
- 12 sea scallops, large, cleaned
- 4 ounces extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 Tablespoon parsley
- 1 pinch chile flakes
- cracked black pepper to taste
- 2 oranges, sliced
- 1 grapefruit, segmented
- 4 ounces arugula
- 4 ounces asparagus, shaved
- 1 onion, cut into rings, grilled
- 2 ounces grapefruit juice
- Toss scallops in 2 oz. olive oil, shallot, parsley, red pepper flakes and a pinch of black pepper.
- In a bowl, combine most of the orange slices, grapefruit segments (reserve a few for garnish) with arugula, asparagus and onion rings. Toss with grapefruit juice, black pepper, salt, and remaining 2 oz. olive oil.
- In a pan over high heat, sear scallops until caramelized on both sides but still rare. Divide salad among 4 plates. Place 3 scallops on each plate. Garnish with remaining citrus slices and segments.
Capirotada is an exceptional Mexican bread pudding of exceptional, unique and delightful flavors. It...
Greek and Russian Orthodox Christians differ in many things, but both treasure their special Easter ...
Baked Potato Chips provide a superb, crispy and flavorful side dish to accompany meats, fish, eggs, ...
Cucumber Kimchi (Oi Sobaegi Kimchi) is a spicy, amazing side dish rarely found in American kitchens....