Seared Scallops with Citrus Salad pairs both oranges and grapefruit with the sweet and seductive flavor of scallops. This is a grand recipe with outstanding results. Easy to make, too.
- 12 sea scallops, large, cleaned
- 4 ounces extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 Tablespoon parsley
- 1 pinch chile flakes
- cracked black pepper to taste
- 2 oranges, sliced
- 1 grapefruit, segmented
- 4 ounces arugula
- 4 ounces asparagus, shaved
- 1 onion, cut into rings, grilled
- 2 ounces grapefruit juice
- Toss scallops in 2 oz. olive oil, shallot, parsley, red pepper flakes and a pinch of black pepper.
- In a bowl, combine most of the orange slices, grapefruit segments (reserve a few for garnish) with arugula, asparagus and onion rings. Toss with grapefruit juice, black pepper, salt, and remaining 2 oz. olive oil.
- In a pan over high heat, sear scallops until caramelized on both sides but still rare. Divide salad among 4 plates. Place 3 scallops on each plate. Garnish with remaining citrus slices and segments.
These freshly made Potato Farls (pancakes) are served with a hearty Irish breakfast, or used as a ba...
Simply wonderful to make for the winter. Deliciously decadent, Pears in Brandy is wonderful served w...
With a flaky, light crust and superb filling, Puff-topped Fish Pie is an economical dish that makes ...
Chopped Chicken Liver is a wonderful recipe perfect suited to be served as an appetizer, main course...