Seared Scallops with Citrus Salad pairs both oranges and grapefruit with the sweet and seductive flavor of scallops. This is a grand recipe with outstanding results. Easy to make, too.
- 12 sea scallops, large, cleaned
- 4 ounces extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 Tablespoon parsley
- 1 pinch chile flakes
- cracked black pepper to taste
- 2 oranges, sliced
- 1 grapefruit, segmented
- 4 ounces arugula
- 4 ounces asparagus, shaved
- 1 onion, cut into rings, grilled
- 2 ounces grapefruit juice
- Toss scallops in 2 oz. olive oil, shallot, parsley, red pepper flakes and a pinch of black pepper.
- In a bowl, combine most of the orange slices, grapefruit segments (reserve a few for garnish) with arugula, asparagus and onion rings. Toss with grapefruit juice, black pepper, salt, and remaining 2 oz. olive oil.
- In a pan over high heat, sear scallops until caramelized on both sides but still rare. Divide salad among 4 plates. Place 3 scallops on each plate. Garnish with remaining citrus slices and segments.
Acorn Squash with Apple Stuffing is an astounding side dish for your holiday table or any weekend me...
Barbara Krasner's Apple-Cherry Cardamom Strudel is an extraordinary, unusual twist on the traditiona...
Sweet, crunchy, flavorful, Almond Topped Pear Pie is an exceptional dessert. The wonderful pie has ...
This recipe for Famous Irish Scones is ideally suited to an afternoon tea or breakfast. Serve them w...