Seared Scallops with Citrus Salad pairs both oranges and grapefruit with the sweet and seductive flavor of scallops. This is a grand recipe with outstanding results. Easy to make, too.
- 12 sea scallops, large, cleaned
- 4 ounces extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 Tablespoon parsley
- 1 pinch chile flakes
- cracked black pepper to taste
- 2 oranges, sliced
- 1 grapefruit, segmented
- 4 ounces arugula
- 4 ounces asparagus, shaved
- 1 onion, cut into rings, grilled
- 2 ounces grapefruit juice
- Toss scallops in 2 oz. olive oil, shallot, parsley, red pepper flakes and a pinch of black pepper.
- In a bowl, combine most of the orange slices, grapefruit segments (reserve a few for garnish) with arugula, asparagus and onion rings. Toss with grapefruit juice, black pepper, salt, and remaining 2 oz. olive oil.
- In a pan over high heat, sear scallops until caramelized on both sides but still rare. Divide salad among 4 plates. Place 3 scallops on each plate. Garnish with remaining citrus slices and segments.
Most popular at Christmas, but eaten at other times of the year, this exceptional bread is wonderful...
Shakespeare got it wrong. Music is not the food of love, it's chocolate. On Valentine's Day, this gl...
Every spoonful of Honey Country Ice Cream adds a sweet flavor that's incredibly rustic, yet sophisti...
Garlic Parmesan Grilled Corn is a glorious blending of American and Italian flavors, celebrating the...