This exceptional shish kebab uses firm fish or squid rather than lamb or beef. Fish require far less cooking time, so take care not to overcook. With a squeeze of fresh lemon, this recipe is simply great.
- 1/4 Cup olive oil
- 1/4 Cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 teaspoons minced fresh dill weed
- 3 cloves garlic; minced
- 1 medium onion; minced
- 2 bay leaves; crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed dried hot chilies
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 2 pounds assorted firm fleshed fish and seafood, such as shark, swordfish, or giant squid
- 1 lemon; cut in half
- Mix all the marinade ingredients together in a bowl. Add the fish and turn over in the marinade to make sure that all are covered; refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.
- When ready to serve, thread onto skewers and cook as for Sis Kebabi.
- Fish are best when cooked lightly. Squeeze fresh lemon juice over while cooking.
Scallops with Crushed New Potatoes, Leek and Bacon offers incredible taste sensations. The subtle f...
The amazing flavor of this dish is sublimely complemented when served over Jasmine rice. Its rich T...
One normally thinks of turkey and cranberry sauce for Thanksgiving, though Citrus-Scented Turkey is ...
Simple preparation is the hallmark of the world's great recipes and Mandarins with Lavender and Hone...