Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Breakfast
- 1 pound pork with bones
- 2 each pig's feet
- 2/3 Cup cornmeal
- 2 Tablespoons onion; chopped
- freshly ground pepper
- Place the pork, pig's feet, and a sprinkle of salt in a large pot and cover with 1 quart of water. Bring to a boil, cover, and simmer until the meat falls from the bones, at least 1-1/2 hours. Remove the meat and reserve the broth.
- Discard the bones and grind the meat in a meat grinder or food processor.
- Add cornmeal to the broth, and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes.
- Add the ground meat and onion. Place in the top of a double boiler, and cook over simmering water for an hour.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Pack into a small loaf pan that has been rinsed with cold water and chill until set.
- To serve, cut into 1/2-inch slices and pan-fry until crisp and brown.