The strong, spicy flavor of a good chorizo is delighttfully juxtaposed against the soft, buttery texture of scrambled eggs. A wonderful Spanish breakfast to start your day.
- 4 ounces chorizo sausage; bulk *
- 6 eggs; large
- 1/4 Cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 1/2 Cup tomato; medium **
- Crumble the sausage into an unheated 10-inch skillet.
- Slowly cook the sausage for 15 to 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Drain off the excess fat.
- In a medium bowl beat the eggs, milk, salt and pepper, with a fork.
- Pour the egg mixture over the sausage in the skillet.
- Cook with out stirring over low heat until the eggs start to set on the bottom and sides of the skillet.
- Lift the cooked portion of the eggs so that the uncooked can run under the cooked portion.
- Continue to lift and fold for 2 to 3 minutes until the eggs just begin to fully set.
- Stir in the tomato and continue to cook as above until the eggs are cooked through but are still glossy and moist.
- Serve hot.
** Tomato should be peeled, seeded and chopped.